Thursday, February 23, 2006

Nervous...

Well, I get to find out what's wrong with my foot today. Let me tell you, I feel pretty stupid hopping and hobbling around. I probably look ridiculous, but thankfully Hubby isn't teasing me. I think he realizes how painful it is. I am just worried--what if I have to have surgery and I have to wear a cast? It's my driving foot and I won't be able to drive and I have to drive the kids to and from school every day, and I spend a LOT of time in my car! Then again, my Expedition has really high, big pedals so I could try...

I woke up at 3am this morning, stressed out. My brain just wouldn't turn off. I have SO much to do and my way of dealing with it is prioritizing, and not doing all of it at once, or I'll explode, like that guy in the Scanners movie. I'm not a multi-tasker by choice, I'm no good at it.

I have three novels that I want to work on at once, and the only way I'm going to be able to do that is by pacing myself. I have been too worried about my foot to write much, mostly it's been editing and research. Distraction sucks, for want of a better word.

Well, got to get the kids off to school. My doctor's appointment is this afternoon, and I'm the biggest Nervous Nellie...

2 comments:

Lowa said...

Sorry you are so nervous.

I would personally be excited at the attention! LOL Like I mean if I needed surgery or something, I would be glad to get a break from all I do every day.

I woke up many times. The ole brain would not shut off. Oh, to be a man and keep it shut off all the time!??!? I really envy them.

Colin said...

Good luck at the docs!!