Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Heart Day!

Okay, I'm not bragging, seriously. This sentiment is only being expressed as a result of an overwhelmed feeling on my part.

Hubby did good this year.

He and the kids trooped in this morning, bearing gifts, that he'd actually bought beforehand. There wasn't any pretending to "stay late at work on Valentine's day" (as if I ever believed that one--I'm sure he was standing with all the other procrastinating men after work at the Hallmark store, flower store, jewelry store, etc.. grabbing at anything he thought I'd remotely like). No, not this year. He thought this one out. He got me stuff I LOVE.

Thus, the feeling of being overwhelmed. All I was planning to do was sneak into his car at work and fill it full of red balloons and a mongo sign from me and the kids wishing him happy Valentine's day. Which I'll still do, but WOW, I can't believe him! He is amazing.

I am one lucky lady.

4 comments:

Lowa said...

Must be nice. I love the idea of them planning ahead also. Normally, he doesn't do that, he doesn't do anything at all.

This year I know for a fact that he got me some jewlery from Avon that I asked him for, but he is not good at keeping it secret. I am pleased he even tried.

What did ya get?? HUH?? HUH?? Can we know?? LOL

Michelle Miles said...

AAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. That is SO SWEET!!!!! You are one lucky lady. :) And, yeah, what DID you get??

Lara said...

I wasn't going to say---but you seem to want to know...;-)

-A Coach Handbag with matching wallet

-an Ipod you can watch videos on

-and Roses just arrived! (from "the kids.")

I am amazed.

Unknown said...

holy crap! nicely done! you snagged a good one!!
guess who stayed late after work today?? yup. my very own. at least he remembered!! ha!