Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tuesday Toast Day.

Yesterday was weird. You know how some days just seem to disappear? Suddenly you look at the clock, and it's mid-afternoon?
My day was like that. Granted, I had to take Thing Three to the Dr. for back pain (she suspects muscular and prescribed anti-inflammatory medication) and then I took him to Sports Authority and got him new soccer cleats, ball, shin guards and socks (but not shorts because he already has like, TWENTY pairs) and by the time we made a MacDonald's run (I didn't partake!) and headed back home, it was already 1pm.

I don't like it when the day flies. It's a weird feeling. Maybe I'm just antsy because of the whole "Spring Forward/Lose an Hour" thing. It's psychological. I need to adjust, but I think it might be a week or so before I do.

So, Aflac fired Gilbert Gottfried over his tasteless Twitter jokes about Japan. GOOD. I can't believe he would say such awful things, hiding behind the guise of humor. News Flash: Death and destruction and loss of life on a massive scale are NOT funny, Jackass. In fact, if you need a sobering view of what truly happened, here is an interactive "Before/After" site that lets you see the amount of devastation.
Definitely no humor there. Shame on you, GG.

I need a new book to read. My friend is trying to get me to read MATCHED, she says it's fantastic. I've never read the Hunger Games series (you can close your mouths now) and she told me it's similar.

I've read a lot of YA lately, and I want some "grown up" books. :-)

Happy Tuesday everyone, it IS Tuesday Toast Day, after all!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Have you read Glass Castle? It's a memoir you won't forget.