Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Pink-Slipped? Or a Promotion?

I'm a little sad. I was teaching the 3-year olds in church, and I've been reassigned to teach 9-year olds because their current teacher is moving. And the class has TEN of them. Granted, I have my good friend team-teaching with me, but DANG. I'm going to have to work on my hog-tying skills. Yes, I'm totally kidding, and I'd like to think they think I'm such an awesome teacher they moved me to this class, but I'll miss my little cherubs. Because teaching them was so much fun, and so easy. Nine year olds--not so much.

I'm off to the Salon tonight. I went dark for Winter, but Winter is over. Time to lighten up the highlights. Just a shade. I love my hair person. She's fun, she knows what looks good on me, and I totally trust her.

Okay, I have nothing exciting to say. I guess because it's Wednesday. Not a whole lot going on! ;-)

I'm not going to lie, I'm still very upset by what is happening in Japan, but I've done what I can, from here. If you want to donate, you can do it here and here.

My ten-year old son wants to plan a school fundraiser to get hygiene kits together to send to the more ravaged parts of Japan. He's going to discuss it with the asst. principal today. I am not sure if they will go for it, but I like that he's motivated to do it. I am going to encourage him, even if they might not deem it worth their time.

Every little bit helps, right?


1 comment:

Devon Ellington said...

It's hard to feel so limited in the ability to help, isn't it? Unless we're going to become first responders, we are limited. But, if we each do something, our little bit, it adds up to big bits. I think your ten year old's idea is great!