Monday, March 14, 2011

Sadness.

Thing Four has started including the people of Japan in his nightly prayers. I am so sad over the amount of devastation and loss. I'm glad my church gives a lot of Humanitarian aid, but they are saying it is even impossible to get aid to certain places like Sendai because the roads are closed and the bridges are out, and the airport is flooded. Power, water and gas are out. There isn't even cell service. 

We had an ok weekend. It was beautiful weather, 70's and 80 degrees yesterday, and things are really starting to green up. I finished reading A Discovery of Witches, and I can't wait for the sequel.

Other than that, things are pretty quiet. Soccer starts up today, but Thing Three has to go to the doctor first, because he says his back hurts whenever he runs, in his lung area. So, we need to check that out. I've banned him from the neighborhood trampoline until soccer season is over, because, after all, it IS how he broke his foot and missed the last few games of last season...

An ounce of prevention, right?

I hope everyone has a happy Monday.

1 comment:

Devon Ellington said...

It's so sad. I'm hoping once the navy vessels get in place, with air support, they can be a conduit for the organizations that are in place to send aid.