Saturday, January 01, 2011

My Favorite Things of 2010

So, if I had to narrow the year 2010 down to a few favorites, these would be them. In random order:
The Tide To Go stain stick. I'm in love. Complete and absolute. This little tube of loveliness got me out of SO many near-disasters and mishaps. And it fits nicely in my handbag and car! WOO! Even better!

Aveda Damage Remedy. I got highlights this summer. As in, LOTS of them. And my hair turned to straw in the North Carolina sun. This stuff single-handedly saved my hair. Well worth the price tag.
The Vampire Diaries. The SHOW, not the books. Don't read the books. Just watch the show. (Sorry L.J., but it's how I feel.) Seriously. This is the show that had me saying "Twilight WHO???" Yes, it's a guilty pleasure, and yes, there are 93756395 other things I could be doing with my time, but I'm sorry, sometimes I just need me a little Stefan and Damon Salvatore! ;-)
THE PEAS. I don't know anything about them personally, but my workouts were infinitely better, because of their music. Black Eyed Peas rock!
Salted Carmel Hot Chocolate. I'm NOT a coffee drinker, let's just clear that up. But Starbucks has won me over with a confection of carmel and sea salt and foamy hot chocolate that is To. Die. For. Try it before the weather warms up. You'll be glad you did! (Of course, I get mine non-fat, no-whip--or I'd be drinking back all the calories I burned working out. But it's still tasty!)
 
The Apple iPad. Never thought I needed one. Now I don't know how I lived before without it.

Popsugar. Of all the gossip rags out there, it's the cleanest. A tad saccharine, and sure, I prefer the humor of Dlisted, but Michael K. is a little "much" for me sometimes. When I surf Popsugar, I'm not afraid for my kids to be in the same room as me and my computer screen. ;-)
The "Henry VIII And His Six Wives" Bracelet. Only because I am an unabashed Tudor History fan and I really really really love it, and I so can't afford it. ($150 at TartX.)

Pull-Ups. 'Nuff said.

There are so many other things I liked/loved in 2010, so maybe I'll do some more roundups. For now, Happy 2011!!!

No comments: