Friday, October 01, 2010

Why CAN'T Fairies Exist? (And a Soccer Funny)

I know they're made up. Heck, 99 percent of ANYTHING interesting about Human life has been made up. My daughter and I had this conversation the other day:

Her: Mom, are there really such things as dragons?

Me: Of course not.

Her: Why were they made up?

Me: Because people needed stuff to tell stories about.

Her: (Counting off on fingers) So, there's no Vampires, Werewolves, Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, Dragons, Fairies, Ghosts, Greek Gods, Monsters or Magic? None of them are real?

Me: Um, nope.

Her: Why do people make all this stuff up? That's kinda...mean.

Me: Good question. Maybe otherwise our lives would be pretty boring?

It really got me thinking. I mean, our lives ARE boring. Because as much as we'd like to believe in those things, we know they don't really exist. That's why books are so fun. Especially the ones with "make believe" in them.

Wouldn't it be totally crazy if those things DID exist? Yeah. We'd probably all be eaten up by Dragons and reduced to turnips by Fairies, though. You know how it works.

;-)

And here is a pic I snapped of what was on the door of the bathrooms at the SOCCER FIELDS last weekend. I mean, what do they expect? They really think parents will want their kids BAREFOOT in public restrooms??? Yeah, I had to laugh about this one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NO TOOTH FAIRY? I've been gipped!