Friday, October 15, 2010

Nerves.

First off, I'm so happy over my friend Devon's news! Hop on over to her blog and see what it's about!!!

Thing One had a horrible "horror movie" style nightmare at 3am this morning. I know it's nerves. She's a wreck--Basketball tryouts start today, and finish on Tuesday. Three days of tryouts. This is all so new to us. Back in WI, she'd just show up and be on the team. Middle school is much more competitive. But I've already mentioned this ad nauseam on the blog. I guess I am just nervous for her myself. If she doesn't make the team, we'll do Rec, so she can at least play and try again next year. I would love for her to make the team, though! Argh! What we go through as parents for our kids!! I think I'll be more upset than she will if she doesn't make it. But I won't let her know that. ;-)

Busy running around day today. I can't believe it's going to be in the 80's this weekend. I still can't get over that! But I should just shut up and enjoy it, right?

Hubby is going to be gone for Election day, so he's going to vote early. I'm tempted to as well, but I think I want to take my kids with me so they can see me vote. I think it's so important, and I want them to feel the same way about it.

I laughed and laughed over a Jessica Alba quote I read in US magazine yesterday. She says: (About her postbaby body) "My breasts are saggy, I've got cellulite, my hips are bigger. Every actress out there is more beautiful than me."

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!! Can we just say STFU (Shut The Freak Up) Jessica Alba??? Well, she's young. I won't say more. ;-)

2 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

Welcome to motherhood, Ms. Alba. LOL

I'm taking my kid with me when I vote too but I'm voting early because I can't stand the crowds on election day (and I work so, there you are).

Good luck to your girl!

Anonymous said...

I'm shaking too! :-(

Mom