Wednesday, October 06, 2010

It's a Postum Morning.

Well, not exactly Postum, since it went defunct a few years back, thanks to Kraft (pleaseNestlepleaseNestlepleasepickuptherecipeandstartmanufacturingitagainPLEASE), but I'm drinking Pero, which, with Splenda and coffee mate is pretty darn close, if you have no other comparison.

Anyhow, it's 45 degrees this morning--time to break out the "middle thickness" coats. After living in Wisconsin, my kids had several stages of coats. Sweatshirts were worn in early September. Fleece in late September. Middle-strength jackets for October, and for the end of October, the full-on DOWN coats come out. Because it snows in October. At least in Wisconsin.

Here, in still-quite-sunny Charlotte (heh, you love how I rubbed it in, Karen?) it's in the upper 70's during the day, but the mornings are finally getting chilly.

You know what THAT means! Fall is here! Pumpkins and hay bales and fake spider webs (although in my garage, I have REAL ones) and I have to say, from October 1st to December 25th is the BEST time of the year, ever. The Holidays!!!

And here's some ridiculously extreme good vibes going out to one of my writing besties, Devon Ellington, who is home-searching this weekend! I hope you find exactly what you need, sweetie! XOXO

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Humph. I'll have you know we've had some great weather this week. Sunny and in the 70's. Unseasonably warm! So there!

Rub it in when we just got 10" of snow and you just got back from your morning wog in your fleece. ;)

Aimee said...

I can't even find Pero here. Besides hot chocolate, I go for Celestial Seasonings herbal Chai (with milk and sugar). Have you tried it? Yummy.