Wednesday, April 09, 2008

The World is Ending...

Status: Feeling pretty good! Well, it's raining and my foot hurts. I guess rain and my foot will be "connected" from now on?

Hubby had a nice birthday yesterday. The kids made a big banner for him, and when he got home we had the table set, and the lights off, and dinner in the warming oven (I made all sorts of Chinese food) and we jumped out and surprised him. Then we had dinner, presents and cake, and the kids were bouncing off the walls by the time it was all over.

If I ever write a book about my experiences with Parenthood, it will be titled:

"I'm only Human...and I've given birth to Chimpanzees."

Nice ring to it, I think. Considering my kids act like chimps most of the time. Of course I'm kidding, but you know. Maybe I'm not...

Okay, so the World is ending. My comfortable world as I know it. The baby CRAWLED last night. He's been "scooting" around (mostly backwards) for a while, and THEN, last night, he decided to get up on all fours and actually crawl. Now, that's all he does. You put him on the floor, and he's not content to sit. He wants to crawl, and stretch his legs, and roll, and discover where he can go. Mostly he wants to go and play with the FUN-LOOKING electrical cords underneath the side table, and he especially loves to crawl to the potted plants and "play" with the leaves. He's eyeballing the curtains as I type this. I can almost see the little wheels in his head turning...

STRESS.

My life, as I knew it, is over. Now I get to chase after a nearly one-year old all day! He is eleven months tomorrow, and he is delayed from being in a harness for four months, so technically, I should have been doing this earlier. I'm just glad he's moving around normally. He's healthy, and that's all I care about.

Except I wish he stayed in one place still! EEEK!

Soccer was cancelled yesterday. It rained all day. It rained all night. It's supposed to rain today, and tomorrow and the next day. Anything's better than snow. Isn't it?

3 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

Aw. The baby is mobile! I give him two months and he's running after his siblings. :)

Lynn Sinclair said...

And so the fun begins.

Unknown said...

Yes, anything IS better than snow.

A happy belated b-day to hubby from us!