Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Spiders and Drool.

...not that the two are necessarily affiliated, but I will explain.

But first of all--did anyone watch the HEROES premiere last night? Frankly, it left Hubby and me scratching our heads a little. And I'm beginning to worry because the plots/subplots/subsubplots are getting a "leetle" convoluted for my taste. I just hope HEROES doesn't end up like "Lost" if you get my drift...

On to Spiders and Drool. Drool, because Thing Four has become a Drool Factory. I mean, this kid has to wear bibs all the time because he soaks the necks of his outfits, is constantly chewing on his fingers, his blanket, my hair, my nose, etc. etc. Basically anything within reach.

We discovered the culprit last night. He's getting his first tooth. It's already broken the surface of his lower gums and is just starting to peek out. So, hopefully after it comes up the Drool Factory will close down--at least until the next tooth.

Now about the spiders...*shudder* Let me preface: I HATE, LOATHE, DETEST-- any negative verb you can conjure...that's how I feel about spiders. It's a phobia. Plain and simple. I hate how fast they are, and how they feel when they're crawling on you (*Lara pauses typing to shudder once more*) and yes they are little miracles of nature and they keep the bug population down, yadda yadda yadda, but they aren't that fantastic when they invade my house. And I mean INVADE.
Since the cold weather fronts have started moving in, so have the spiders. They seem to be in every nook and cranny in our basement. They're on the walls, jumping around on the floors, and their webs...EEEK. When I go into the unfinished part of our basement I walk with my hand at the level of my eyes (like in Phantom of the Opera) so I won't get webs in my eyes and mouth.

*SHUDDER*
I have no qualms about killing spiders if they are in my house. "Outside" is their house, but if they go in my house-- they choose Death By Vacuum Cleaner or the more preferable Death By Soccer Cleat.

So, spiders are very shudderworthy. What else makes me shudder?

1) Slugs
2) Crunchy Bugs
3) Dark Water

But at least I don't have irrational phobias--like that one chickie on the internet who is deathly afraid of pickles. Seriously. Pickles. You show her a pickle and she starts to break down, and eventually degenerates into apesh*t hysterics. But my favorite is the Clown Phobia Lady. She was put in a room with a performing clown and had a complete MELTDOWN. It's on YouTube if you want to see it...

So, what makes YOU shudder? I'm tagging Brenda, Devon, Mik, Colin and Laura!

5 comments:

Lowa said...

Wow, never heard of the pickle or clown thing. Wow.

Oh wait, you mean tagging as in I need to post on my blog?? LOL Since I discovered Facebook, I have not been posting much. Found a lot of old friends etc.

Anyway...in case I don't get a chance on there, I will tell you in here.

1) Heights. My main fear is heights. Never used to be. Best I can figure is it started when I went to Niagra Falls when I was 19. I seriously shudder so much that I ache later.

2) Small spaces. Wow, can't even think about it!

3) Any bugs that sting. I freak out and scream and my kids laugh at me.

That's about it, really. Congrats to Thing Four on his tooth! That is early. At least compared to mine. Mine usually got their first close to their first birthday. Which was awesome since they all nursed, I was not complaining:)

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! Pickles? They're just friendly cucumbers. I hate spiders too.

Anonymous said...

I actually know lots of people scared of clowns, though I'm not one of them.

What makes me shudder?

GW Bush (not kidding)

Heights -- I always want to jump.

Enclosed spaces, like single-person tunnels

Blood and guts -- mostly the guts. I'm pretty good around blood unless it's my own, but if someone's entrails are hanging out -- not so much.

Michelle Miles said...

OoOO! A tag. Okay I will answer in tomorrow's blog since today is Wordless Wednesday. haha

I hate spiders too. And can you send some of that cool weather our way?? PLEASE?

Colin said...

YO!!!!!

Just saw yer shugger tag! Cheers! :-)