Thursday, September 27, 2007

Making Time for Me...

Yeah, that sounds a little selfish, now that I look at it, but you know--I need my sanity if I am to successfully rear four children. I need "me" time.

Now that school is in, and I only have the baby at home from 8am to nearly 4pm, I have decided that from 8 to Noon is "me" time. That's FOUR hours where I can write, sleep, research, do crafts, sew annoyingly difficult Halloween costumes...etc. etc. Anything I want to do, I get to do it in those four hours, as long as I have Thing Four with me in his bouncy chair and I feed him and take care of him and make sure he doesn't get so bored he wants to eat his own foot. And from 12 to 4, I have to do the stuff I HAVE to do, like run errands, clean the house, laundry, etc.

Four glorious hours, Monday through Friday! I have decreed it, and except on special days ("special" meaning I have to clean the whole house for visitors or something of that frantic nature) I will have those hours for me. Well, me and Thing Four, but he's very easy--for now.

I am pretty excited! Although I have to wonder how long it will last...

4 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

I think it's wonderful you have decreed "me" time! YOU GO!!

Unknown said...

"Me" time is delightful. I'll mourn the loss of "me time" when I have kids. Enjoy yours!

Anonymous said...

"Me" time I like that I use to call it time off He!He!He! but I like "me" time better.Real success comes in small portions day by day. You need to take pleasure in life's daily little treasures. It is the most important thing in measuring success. Have fun :) .All the best

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you.

It better last -- schedule it like you would any appointment, like a class or a second job or independent study.