Monday, September 17, 2007

The Happy Screamer

Status: Grumpy this morning. I'm back on my "healthy eating" plan. Grrrrr....

Oh, and Happy Birthday to my little Sis, whose age I won't disclose because I am wayy older than she is and I'd like to retain some mystery...a little.

Oh, and WHY IS IT that no matter where I go at 2am in the morning, I stumble into a discarded pair of soccer cleats? My poor toes. Seriously. I think the little soccer cleats think to themselves (after being placed dutifully in their spot in the Mud Room):

"Hey, Lara should pass this way on her way to the kitchen at about 2am to make a bottle for the baby, let's jump right into that spot behind the corner so she won't see us! One Two...three..WHEEEEE!"

Okay, Thing Four has found his voice. His happy voice. More like his happy SCREAMING voice. Granted, it was cute the first few days---but now...I am loathe to admit it...it's a bit...wearing on the ears. (He's currently Happy Screaming as I type this.)
Yes, yes I know it's a phase because all my kids went through it too, but right now, he's the HAPPIEST screamer. A.K.A. the Loudest. He screams (happily) at mealtimes, at bathtime, at playtime, and more inconveniently-- at Church, the Doctors office, the library and bedtime. Oops.

Hey, at least he's happy. And he's very self-confident. I'm not going to "shush" a four month old. Then again, if I shushed him, he wouldn't know what that meant anyway.

Thing Three had a high fever all day yesterday. He's a little better today, but I'm keeping him home from school because he's really weak. They run those little first-graders around, you know. I want him to be 100 percent better when he goes back to school, so today is Stay In Bed and have Mommy Wait on You day. At least until he's a year older. Then it will be Stay In Bed and Get It Yourself But Wash Your Hands First day.

;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope Thing Three feels better soon. And hope your screamer gets over it soon!

Do you have a rock star in the making? ;)

Michelle Miles said...

Aw. I love when they reach that stage though! They are so dang cute I could cry.

And hope Thing Three is feeling better soon!