Monday, August 14, 2006

Something in BARNYARD Stinks...

Okay, so I take the kids to see "In the Barnyard" on Saturday and I've heard that it's funny, etc. We sit down to watch the movie, and it's this cute movie, but about 30 seconds into the movie we get introduced to "Ben" a dark brown bull, with the deepest voice ever (you know, the "Beef, It's What's For Dinner" Guy voice) and don't worry, Ben has a GINORMOUS set of pink...wait for it... udders.

It was actually jarring. I was like: What the Freak? Then we are introduced to his SON, Otis, who also has a huge pink udder. (And these cows walk upright so they're just jiggling and uddering all over the place...it was actually distracting).

And don't worry, the female cows had udders too, so in the scene where Otis is picking up on one of the female cows and they're both standing there with udders, I nearly had a logic meltdown.

Of course my kids, oblivious to all, laughed their heads off and enjoyed the movie. I couldn't. I couldn't get past the men cows with the udders. It ruined it for me. Dang it.

We had some good friends over for dessert last night. When Hubby and I were first married, we had the missionaries over for dinner, and became good friends with one of them. So much so, Hubby was the Best Man at his wedding a few years later, and now, they have four children and he is a doctor, with three years of residency to go. It's amazing how time flies. They were just in Denver for the weekend, but it was nice to catch up. It made me feel old, though. And I'm not really old, yet. It just made me feel that way.

I have a busy week ahead of me, but will have time to write every night. Soon, school will start and I will have UNLIMITED writing time. I'm turning cartwheels over that one (and not in the sarcastic sense) and can't wait.

Woo Hoo!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That's all I've heard about that movie. The udders. Makes me want to see it but not see it at the same time!!!

Lara said...

See it. I laughed my head off during more than a few scenes...TRY and get past the udders! :-)

Michelle Miles said...

How come they couldn't just eliminate the udders on the males and leave a blank canvas? I mean, didn't they know they were going to freak the heck outta the parents? And we're all intelligent enough to fill in the gaps there. Sheesh I'll probably be schlepping to the theater with mine to see it next weekend... *sigh*...

Lara said...

*Dislcaimer*

Other than the Udder Issue, the movie was hilarious and very enjoyable. I recommend seeing it, if you can "get past" the Issue...

Lowa said...

I was going to take my kids to see it yesterday. I had seen in the previews that the guys had udders and was very disturbed. But my kids didn't want to see it anyway, so there was no problem.

I will tell them you say it is funny.

I think you tagged me a while back and I totally forgot. I need to look again and do that. Thanks for thinking of me, it is fun to be tagged. Assuming I am the only Laura you know and you weren't meaning another?? LOL

Lara said...

I tagged you, Laura!
;-)