Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I'm Officially Ready...

...for the kids to be in school. Why is it, that summer can pass relatively smoothly, but the few weeks leading up to when school starts, the children turn into whiny complaining minions? Hopefully I'm not the only mother who experiences this phenomenon.

Thing Two has been in more time-outs than I can count, and I have to get him out of the house or he goes crazy. Thing One is busy crocheting hats and scarves at assembly-line speed, thank heaven she found a hobby she loves. She's currently reading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, but I won't let her go past Book Three until she's older. She's eight, for Pete's sake.

Thing Three wants to do Gamecube all day long and I have to drag him, kicking and screaming from Super Smash Brothers Melee. I am not one for playing video games all day. It's beautiful outside and there's PLENTY of other activities.

I was sick all day yesterday (stress I think) and yet I ran all my errands and cleaned the house from to to bottom. I got a ton of editing in, I keep re-writing the beginning of my YA story, because I want it to sound cool. The start of a story is everything, you know? I just can't seem to get it right, and it's driving me nuts. I'll get it, eventually.

Time to go jog at the park! It's a great stress reliever. And I'm going to start up Yoga again, I really enjoyed it when I did it. I need something.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Derrick and I checked out a Yoga video a couple years ago. We pretty much just sat on our living room floor and cracked up.

Maybe it needs another try. Alone.

Lowa said...

I have a few Yoga DVDs I do. LOVE THEM! Makes a huge diff in my day. WHEN I do them...*sigh*

Sorry the kids are driving you nuts! Welcome to my world. I am actually considering putting a few of my kids in public school this year for a break for all of us. Can't decide, I am really torn about it. They have not been in there in about 5 years and really love being HSed. They are really close, have a tight bond because they are seldom apart. Two of them are on holiday and the ones here at home call the ones on holiday every day to talk. They still always tell each other they love each other too! SO SWEET! Even the thirteen year old will tell his sibs that. I am not sure if that has anything to do with the bond they have by not being separated from each other or not.

Anyway, my brother's new novel is coming out...I need to check google and see if it is out there yet...no I guess not. I don't know anything about this stuff, he just approved the cover of it, so I guess it won't be listed at Amazon just yet! Not sure when it is coming out, I am DYING to read it:)

Keep working on your's! You will get it just how you want it soon.

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
» » »