Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Writing Week!

Quote of the Day: "Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain. "--Lily Tomlin

I just got Hubby off to L.A.--and that means until Saturday night, I can get a LOT of writing done. Five whole days. (and five whole nights!) I should get a MAJOR chunk of this novel written. I started out with an idea, a sort of "fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants" thing, and then things just started falling into place. I love when that happens. Now I have outlined the story and I have a clear direction, but it's the first novel that has been REALLY fun for me to write. (After all, writing is supposed to be fun, right?) Or at least somewhat enjoyable.

Left the kids with Hubby (whose nose was buried in the latest Harry Potter) and made a solo trip to Half Price Books last night--they were awful thin on the history books that I wanted--but I did find THE SPANISH ARMADAS by Winston Graham. Very informative, and great pictures. I am researching as I write this time, because sometimes I can get so caught up in research, I put off the writing and the muse flees.

It's supposed to be another beautiful, sunny day! I love summertime. Of course I get to run around with all the sports lessons the kids have, but aftwards we'll all take a dip in the pool!

2 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

When I went searching for pirate books, Half Price didn't have a lot either. Disappointing. Researching while writing works for me too, because you're right - you can get carried away! :)

Colin said...

*sigh*

You're talking about that pool again. :-)