Sunday, July 17, 2005

OH MY HECK...

Well, I just finished it. I just finished reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I am sitting here, at my computer, stupefied.

Stupefied at the amazing genius of J.K. Rowling, and stupefied emotionally because very rarely do books make me cry. Movies--well, the floodworks always have a 90% chance of happening. But books--I can only think of one other book in my entire lifetime that has made me cry.

This latest installment is dark, yet humongously satisfying, and I read most of it with my mouth hanging open in bewildered awe. No, it can't be. It CAN'T be! But it was, and even though I saw it coming, I was devastated when it did happen.

This installment is definitely J.K.'s best. Hands down.

So, now my life will return to relative normalcy. Amazing that the work of a writer can have such an effect on it!

All I can say is--when will we get Book Seven?

No comments: