Friday, May 20, 2005

This and That...

Quote of the Day: Avoid throwing sh** at the fan...

Watched Mansfield Park late last night; the version with Frances O'Connor. Now that is a really well-made movie. (Most likely because a woman directed it--women always seem to grasp the humor of Austen the best!)
I am on a Jane Austen Movie Collecting Kick as of late, my next buy will probably be Persuasion--the 1995 version. There are so many versions of Jane Austen out there. But of course, the only one that does NOT need to be remade (and sadly has been already) is Pride & Prejudice with Colin Firth. No one can hold a candle to his Mr. Darcy. In my humble opinion...

--Went to Thing One's First Grade Concert last night, and she got to dance in front of the entire crowd--she looked nervous at first but then she really got into it and shook her booty (to her father's dismay) like a pro. *sigh* She's going to be 8 in October and she's growing up so fast!

--For those of you Phantom of the Opera Movie fans, here's a tip: spend the few extra bucks to get the deluxe 2-disc dvd set, because the second dvd is PACKED with lots of Phantom backstory, (highly entertaining and interesting) and then the fun interviews and behind-the-scenes peeks. It was almost as fun to watch as the movie itself! I got to see Phantom when it came to Dallas, but of course Hubby and I had tickets in the nose bleed section and I might as well have been on the roof, for all I could see. (I was more entertained by how terrified his mother was that she could possibly fall off the balcony with one misstep... :-)

--Hubby and I are going to see Star Wars on Saturday night. I sort of don't want to see it. I mean, you know how it ends and it's very depressing, so why bother? Who wants to watch a talented warrior's descent into evil and half-machine existence? YUCK. Of course I cheated and looked up the plot at Movie Spoiler (my favorite place to surf) and it seems okay.

Time to clean the house! I've let it go this week because I have no energy. Don't know what's wrong, but I need to snap out of it. Now. My kids have been having bad dreams/needing drinks of water/potty breaks at 2 and 3 am almost every morning this week. I'm probably just exhausted from consistent nights of interrupted sleep.

I think a long nap on Sunday is in order...

2 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

And Phantom of the Opera has the oh-so-dreamy Gerard Butler. MmmMmMM :)

Ann said...

Know the feeling - keep telling myself I should watch Star Wars, because everyone else in the world will be, but I just can't work up the enthusiasm, knowing what happens in it (from the reviews).
And Pride and Prejudice was great - you're right about Colin Firth!