Thursday, May 19, 2005

Can't think of a title for this one...

QUOTE OF THE DAY: There are two times when to keep your mouth shut: When swimming and when angry.

My poor boys are bummed. They really wanted to see Star Wars, but now that it’s been slapped with a PG-13 rating, that won’t be happening any time soon. (They're ages 4 and 6) I guess it’s for the best. I heard it’s very dark and gruesome in some parts. (And I feel guilty letting my boys watch Harry Potter, which is a solid PG!) But it's a bit of a let down since it's been so heavily promoted and EVERYTHING has a Star Wars theme on it right now. (I think I saw Star Wars toilet paper at the local Jewel store the other day!) They even have an entire aisle at Target devoted to Star Wars Toys. And then they go and make the movie too mature for kids. Oh well. George Lucas had a story to tell, and he told it. I'm hearing it's actually quite good.

In other news, Hagan is at the Groomers today. The house feels empty without my little Cavy.

I had a very upsetting experience last night (angry parent confrontation) and I am still so sick over it I need to go SHOP or something. I’ve really become obsessed with European history lately, so I might go see what Half Price Books has to offer.

Lastly, Thing One has her First Grade Concert tonight. She’s TERRIFIED because her Phy Ed teacher singled her out (with five other kids) to do the Electric Slide in front of all the parents. I hope she doesn’t wet on herself. She’s quite a little “performer” but only at home. She suffers from the classic “stage fright.”
I told her not to worry, if she froze up and stood there like a deer in headlights while the other kids danced around her, I’d still love her. (Unfortunately she didn’t appreciate that comment as much as I hoped…)

Well, kids are coming home in five minutes…I need to run!

No comments: