Tuesday, February 01, 2011

WHAT????

Wow. It's February???? Tick tock. Tick tock.

Thing Three, yesterday, handed me a detailed list of supplies he needed for his school project--that is due in two weeks. Love him. I think he observed my state of frustration with Thing One and her lack of planning, and he's determined to NOT go through that. ;-)

I'm itching to see a good movie. You know, the whole theater experience. I want to get my little tub of popcorn and my Coke Zero with a splash of cherry in it, and laugh and cry and ENJOY a movie. Any recommendations? I know this time of year they don't really have anything good out. My parents saw The King's Speech and they said it was amazing. I have always been fascinated with the story of George and Elizabeth, and until now it was probably a little-known fact that he struggled with a stammer.

It will be interesting to see how the Oscars pan out. From what I hear, it's pretty tight between The King's Speech and The Social Network. Which is another movie I haven't had time to see. LAME!


Did taxes last night over the phone with the accountant. The paperwork was a little "hairy" this year with the move and relocation and job change, and can I just say I'm SO GLAD the current administration changed the tax rules so you can no longer claim a loss on your house? (Yes, I'm being extremely sarcastic.) Capital Loss? A thing of the past. You can only claim a loss if you sell a BUSINESS and lose money on it, now.
*Grrrrr*
One more thing to love about our current administration. But I won't go there. Not here.

 Hubby read to me last night the amount of snow the Midwest is going to get. YIKES. But January through March are the coldest months, in Wisconsin, I remember. I hope everyone stays safe!

I still can't believe it's February already. Am I the only one?

;-)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it either.

Janey