Friday, February 11, 2011

Grateful Post.

I think sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the negative aspects of Life. It's so easy to do this, it's criminal. We Wallow. We Complain. Bemoan. All that jazz. Why me? Why now? Life could be 90% happy, and 10% unhappy, and which percent do we focus on? Look at the news. Is it ever happy?

We have choices in Life. I believe we chose to be here, so we could better ourselves. Life is not just how we end up, it's how we live it--how we react and function with the particular set of circumstances and gifts we've been given. THAT is what defines us.

So, today, I'm choosing to be grateful. Because I have a lot to be grateful for. Sure, I could whine about some things in my life, (and my Hubby will tell you I do plenty of that) but I also choose to laugh. Because Life is funny too. Life is Unpredictable. Messy. Frustrating. Lovely. Complicated. Heartbreaking. Joyous.

How we choose to emerge from each experience in Life is entirely up to us.

I used to LOATHE the saying "When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Lemonade!" It's cheesy. It's cliche. But it's smart advice. Because when Life gives you rotten potatoes, you simply cut out the rotten parts and add some cheese and sour cream and chives and bake it up and make it something delectable.

And now I'm hungry for breakfast, so I'll end this post. But today, I'm choosing gratitude.

What will you choose?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen!

Mom

Anonymous said...

Very Profound. Thanks for this.

Janey

Cassaundra said...

I feel very grateful to say that regardless of all the crap that has happened in my life, my personal motto is, I don't care if the glass is half full or half empty, it's always full of something.

I do the same thing when I get too dramatic about my negative drama, I stop, and meditate on what I do have, and I realize that it will always sustain me. Hang in there Sis. <3

Aimee said...

How about this cliche:
There is a silver lining to every cloud.

P.S. - Thanks for still checking in with my blog. I do want to post more!

Devon Ellington said...

Well said!