Thursday, February 24, 2011

Does this Background Make My Blog Look Big?

I'm pretty patriotic, for those of you who don't know me. And I love Americana themes. Especially antiqued. So, those are the colors I choose for this blog. All courtesy, of course, of The Cutest Blog On The Block, which, frankly, caters to the inner Crafty in all of us.

I'm a little on the fence on this latest background. It may be a little "Plain Jane" for me. I like frou frou. I'm a little "Victorian" in my decorating, as in, I like to have surfaces with plants, candles, display plates, knick-knacks, TEXTURE. Spartan just isn't my taste. It's the Taurus in me, according to my friend. The Domestic Goddess in me worships at the Altar of Hobby Lobby. ;-) Or Garden Ridge, now that I live close to one! (THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU.)

So, yesterday kind of sucked. Well, a lot sucked. But I did rearrange the office. Organized the dump drawers, files, rearranged furniture, added lamps for light, etc. Made it cozy and inviting, and conducive to writing. Which I plan to do a lot of. In one of my houses someday, I want a full-on LIBRARY. Because despite loving the Kindle and iPad to read books on, I still LOVE real books. And I have a lot of them.

Today is a jam-packed schedule, so I will be busy and get over how yesterday sucked. I guess it could be worse--I could be knee-deep in SNOW, like SOME places. ;-)

Hope everyone has a good Thursday.

2 comments:

Devon Ellington said...

I agree. Yesterday totally sucked.

But you know what? We lived through it and it's OVER!

We can start fresh today, thank goodness.

Cassaundra said...

Ha, ha. And for your information, the snow is only calf deep. ;-)

Your right, your blog does seem a bit spartan, but it actually works. Sometimes blogs can be a little overdone with addons and such that you have a hard time reading it, but I can totally focus on yours, lol.

Sorry yesterday sucked, that's going to be my day today due to the zero degree temps and winter's last hurrah going on. No one is gonna need luggage, and I'm tempted to offer a hefty discount and hot chocolate to those who do brave the snow! Hope today is better for you. :-)