Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Ambitious Day... NOT.

Status: Sick. I finally got it. Does that mean I'm going to have the hacking cough for two months like my kids???

I'm achy. You know, the kind of aches where the roots of your hair hurt, and even a cold toilet seat is painful. And I have a cough. And I rumble when I breathe. AND I kept myself up at night, because I rumbled all night and kept myself up. (Have you ever tried to sleep with a nose whistle? The chest rumbling was the same effect.)

So I am keeping it at bay with extra-strength Tylenol, and not doing a whole lot today. I'm probably going to do a lot of laying on the sofa while Thing four plays with toys on the floor. He's about to go down for a nap here in an hour, and I will sleep too. Gotta get rid of it!

I drove the kids to school and ran to the dry cleaners, and I am DONE going places for the day.

Thing Two and I had a talk yesterday about my "shouting episode" and I explained to him that his lack of urgency in the morning is causing a lot of problems.
This morning he got right out of bed, went right down to breakfast, and got dressed fairly quickly. Of course he decided to break out his Pokemon cards and trade with his brother right about the time I was telling them to get into their snow gear, but it only took one warning.

I'm sure tomorrow we'll be back to normal, and I'll be shouting. But you know what? I'm not going to let him get away so easy. He needs to keep it up. I dont' think he likes for me to be a yelling mess every morning either. So at least we're on the same page that way.

Got a few pages of edits done, I plan on doing more today. And read a friend's WIP. And not much else.

Go me.

2 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

FEEL BETTER SOON!

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon.

It at least sounds like Thing Two made an effort today. Now, you've got something on which to build.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!