Tuesday, January 02, 2007

It's a NEW YEAR!!!

*Disclaimer* If you didn't receive a Christmas card from me this year, it's not because I forgot you--I was really REALLY bad, and didn't send out any this time! So don't hate me!

Okay, on to the post--I've really been itching to blog this whole time, but I was literally busier than snot with in-laws (they left yesterday morning) and various activities. But they've left now and Hubby is back at work today, and the kids and I have one more day together before they go back to school.

Christmas break was fun, and I'm pleased to report that Santa was VERY good to me. I have to admit the in-laws helped a LOT with the unpacking during their week here; my basement was filled with boxes, and now, it's all clean and perfect. They even got all my food storage out of boxes and onto the shelves, in the back room, and we tried out a bunch of the mixes. (My favorite was the SCONE mix--to die for!) I was eating GOOD this past week.

So it's back to reality and I am still somewhat reluctant to take the Christmas tree down. So I'll wait until this weekend. As far as New Year's resolutions: I haven't had time to make any! So I plan to sit myself down at some point and write out some goals for myself. Although the kids and I each got a little tiny planner and a pen, and we're to do ONE GOOD DEED every day this year, and we are to write it down in the little book once we've done it. It can be as simple as giving someone a compliment, or helping a sibling make their bed, whatever. One good deed a day. They are very excited about doing it and frankly, so am I. :-)

A lot of goals on the Writing front this year--I have certainly piddly-farted around enough and it's time for action. I'll disclose those later. But this time around I need to do a lot of research as well, and it's just as important as getting the story out.

Well, I need to go and wake Thing Two. Things One and Three have already had breakfast (Thing One toasted them some bagels and poured some juice while I blogged) and Thing Two is refusing to wake up. He's going to be my "NON-morning-kid" I can tell.

I hope everyone had a safe holiday, and here's to a FABULOUS 2007! May we all keep our New Year's Resolutions longer than a WEEK!

;-)

1 comment:

Michelle Miles said...

Happy New Year!! I so missed your blog - so welcome back! Sounds like you had a great holiday.

And yes - here's to 2007! I just know we're going to kick some arse with our writing. :)