Thursday, January 11, 2007

It STINKS in here...

FORCED myself to go to bed last night at 11:30. Of course I tossed and turned all night, and I feel like I didn't sleep at all, but I have to wake up because the Cable guy might come at 7:30 this morning.

The kids have a half day of school today, so I promised them we'd go to Target when they get home. The Target here is a good 12 minute drive so we hardly go (in Denver it was 1/4 mile from my house, and a SUPER Target at that!) and I always love it when they get new stuff.

I didn't watch any movies last night (the kids watched The Goonies in the Theater) I spent more time in back unpacking and organizing again. My back is a little "twingy" this morning, so I am going to take it easy. I don't work for the next four days! WOO!

Okay, now for the title of my post. We have a sun room off of the Master bedroom here, and Hubby and I decided to make it the Workout room. Well, a couple days a go we had a home gym installed (the HOIST V-5--it's pretty cool) and immediately afterwards, I noticed a foul smell.
Well, now that smell is EVERYWHERE it seems. It's this really nasty plastic-y/rubbery smell and it reeks.
I figured it was the new gym, because we got the rubber floor mat, and it's a brand new piece of equipment, but, seriously, does it have to smell like CA CA??? I noticed that about our Theater Room, too. All those new speakers and equipment--they kind of have a "new" (aka "stinky") smell too. Maybe I'm just overly sensitive because I'm Preggers. Who knows.

The wind is really going crazy here lately. It has been cold---about 20 degrees in the morning but bitterly cold because of wind chill. It's been spooky at night too. I can hear it whistling and blowing and making noises when I try to sleep. The poor kids. I bundle them up because I don't want their noses freezing off at the bus stop.

But hey, at least we have no snow!

I'm getting antsy. The Popcorn Maker still hasn't arrived, and the tracking information gives me nothing. I am emailing them today and asking them what's up. I should HAVE it by now!

I wonder if after I put it together--it will stink too?

3 comments:

Ann said...

Been mega-windy here too - today I went out for a "wog" - (I always remember your term - it fits!) and at one point I was literally running in place, the wind was so strong against me. By the end of it - my usual route - my legs felt like they were about to fall off. After this, a wog in non-windy conditions will feel like a breeze. (Bad pun intended)

Lara said...

I have Lysol wipes...I think I'll try them! Thanks!

Ann, you are TOO funny! I can't wait to "wog" again after this baby!
;-)

Michelle Miles said...

You are too funny. :) Of course the popcorn maker will smell - like popcorn. DUH! ;)