Thursday, December 22, 2005

Tis the Season! (and Farewell!)

Well, here it is, my last post until Next Year. (Oooh, that sounds dramatic!)

I am off to brave the crowds at the airport (not to mention security--I always seem to get picked for the slightly embarrassing "in depth" search) and take part in the mandatory drama that surrounds my in-laws. But Hubby and I promised each other that we would turn our "join in the family drama" switches to hibernate mode for this trip and superglue a couple of smiles on our faces. Christmas is a time of joy, no matter what--and that's what we want. Some good old-fashioned joy, dangit. And now as we're about to embark on the plane, Thing Two got Thing One's diahrrea and Hubby has just come down with a spectacular head cold. FABULOUS timing, if you ask me.

And yes, I'm being snippy.

Hubby suggested I not take my laptop along this time. Which I find a bit strange because he usually insists I take it because 1) We could get robbed or 2) the house could burn down or 3) he might need a computer. But now that he has a Blackberry and I have a thumb drive, I don't feel the need to velcro the laptop to my thigh every vacation we take. In fact, it's sort of liberating, not having to lug the clunky thing through airport security and the airport itself.

So, I hope everyone has a wonderful, fantastic, fabulous (and not in the sarcastic sense) holiday, and a happy New Year--I plan on blogging again starting January 3rd. And I hope Santa brings you all what you wanted--I guess I need to go whisper in "Santa's" ear about what I want, because I sure haven't gotten around to it!

Cheers everyone! Be happy, be safe.

Lara

1 comment:

Michelle Miles said...

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! Have a safe trip!