Thursday, August 14, 2008

TWO Weeks...

...and my kiddos go back to school. We've registered, we've bought the clothes (can you say hello 80's all over again?) and although I love them dearly, and will miss the constant chaos...

I am SO ready for school to start! I want the house to stay clean for more than one hour. I want to hear the sound of silence once in a while. I want to be able to do what *I* want when the baby naps, as opposed to "Oh, the baby is asleep, Mom, do you want to (insert activity here) with me?"

I know, enjoy these years while I can. I agree wholeheartedly. But it will be nice to just have me and the little guy rattling around in the house 8 hours a day. My toilets will stay cleaner. That in itself is a GREAT thing...

I figured out why I'm such a zombie (thanks to a suggestion from Mik, another Olympics Enthusiast). It's because I'm staying up late watching the Olympics every night, and getting up early when Hubby wakes up at 5:45. So, we're talking under 5 hours of sleep a night. (Hubby gets home around 8pm at night lately, so we record the Olympics and in some cases, we don't even start watching them until 8:30 or 9:00. Hence the staying up until 1am or later...)

Last night, I had a hunch we wouldn't do well in the Men's Gymnastics all-around--so I went to bed "early" at 11:30. Hubby looked at me like I was crazy. (Hubby is OBSESSED with the Olympics.) But after four and a half hours, I'd had enough. I needed my sleep. So I went to bed. *BLISS*

This week has FLOWN by. Crazy. Thing One got invited to an impromptu sleepover last night, so I let her.

Oh, and SOCCER PRACTICE starts tonight! I got really lucky. The practices fell on Tues/Thurs/Friday, so on Monday and Wednesday nights, we're free and clear. Until Basketball starts up. Then I have no idea. But I'll cross that bridge...well, you know.

Happy Thursday! It's been one week exactly since I finished my story! I think I am going to start editing at the week and a half mark. I just can't wait!

2 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

I'm looking forward to school starting too. And soccer practice starts this weekend for us! First game is September 6. It's starting to gear up!

I went to bed, too! I actually feel... rested! haha

Anonymous said...

6:58 a.m. September 2nd, I will be happy dancing in the street. 14 gets on the school bus at that time, 9 is back into a daily schedule (unless I can convince him he REALLY, really wants to go to school this year) and my life will get back to NORMAL.