Monday, June 23, 2008

My Name is on EVERYTHING.

The Weekend is officially over. No more lounging around. Now, I have several things with my name on them:

--The Overflowing Dirty Clothes Hamper (at least it hasn't reached "Mount Vesuvius" Status yet)

--A sinkful of dirty pots and pans

--A list of "To Do's" as long as my arm

--The Guest Room (which, once again, has become a "catch all")

--FIVE toilets

--A Neglected Manuscript

--A Dusty house

--An Expedition with the words "Wash Me Please" written in the grime of the back window

---------------------------------------------------------------------
WELL, I am going to go around with a little sharpie and change my name on some of those things to "Thing One, Thing Two, and Thing Three," because they get to HELP. Except with the manuscript, and the To Dos.

And I'm highly annoyed, because despite my careful efforts, I have MOSQUITO BITES. And don't worry, they're not in inconspicuous places. One of them is RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF MY FOREHEAD!!! Freaking mosquitoes.

I'm a little grumpy today, can you tell?

4 comments:

wfbdoglover said...

AW, sorry about your bite! I noticed those little guys last night. Wednesday and Thursday, my husband's brother and friends were visiting from Ireland. They were eating breakfast outside and were mentioning bugs - which I think were fireflies at the time. My husband had fun scaring them about the misquitos and explaining how they bite etc... non-the less, they took our bug spray on the rest of their trip.

Hope you get your list knocked off.

Anonymous said...

We've got our share here in NYC too.

(Those little buggers really get around -- don't they?)

Spray on the mosquito repellent wherever possible and take care, Lara. I personally HATE those bites. The itching drives me nuts!

Michelle Miles said...

I hate mosquitos!! They suck. HAHHAHAHA Okay I couldn't resist. :)

Anonymous said...

Hugs on the skeeter bite. Nasty little buggers.

Yes, yes, yes, Things 1, 2 & 3 should help. It's like I tell my kids, Mom is NOT spelled M-A-I-D.