Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Have I said...

...how much I LOVE Half-Price Books? Took a trip this morning with the kiddos--latest spoils:

The Age of Chivalry: Art and Society in Late Medieval England, by Nigel Saul

Henry VIII: The King and His Court, by Alison Weir (one of my favorite historians)

The Princes in the Tower, by Alison Weir

Atlas of Past Times, by John Haywood (huge with lots of color pictures)

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Art/Coloring/Sticker Book (three of 'em for the three kids)

and that's it! I think I have enough research material now so that I can honestly go to my "own" library when I have a certain question, instead of getting in the car and driving to a library. (Speaking of driving, Hubby and I are thinking of getting rid of the Expedition for a less gas-guzzling vehicle, haven't figured it out yet, but when gas jumped last weekend from $2.55 to $2.89 for REGULAR UNLEADED we figured we needed to start thinking about it.)

I think I need to stay away from Half-Price for a while. It's becoming addictive. Especially for this book freak.

It appears Unkymoods is down again. (I'd provide a link but they're, well...down.) I'm wondering what is up with that website. I really think they have a clever idea there--too bad they can't stay in one place!

I am having doggy problems. Hagan, my Cavalier, will go to the back door when he has to "do his business" outside, but he is SILENT. He won't whine, or bark, or do anything. He just patiently waits there, like Marcel Marceau, and if no one comes to let him out, he'll shuffle off to some remote part of the house (the little $&*!! prefers the FORMAL DINING ROOM) and do his business there.
I was literally ready to give him away, but now I realize that I need to find a way to train him to either A) whine or B) ring a bell. I went to Michaels and found a bunch of little silver bells in the Wedding section, I think I'll put them on a string and make him jangle them when he has to go outside.
I'm just not quite sure how I'm going to do that. Hmmm...

Okay, Annoying Thing of the Day: People Who Glare At My Children.
They're children, for Cripe's Sake! Yes, they tend to get a little "whiny" at the grocery store, but I have yet to see a child who doesn't. Grocery Stores are little depots of Sensory Overload. Kids are compelled to whine in them.
So stop glaring at my kids, just because they are asking me for Cocoa Puffs. Glare at yourself in the mirror. Then you'll see your ugly self and STOP glaring at people...

6 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

Wow! You find a treasure trove of stuff at your Half Price. I'm jealous! LOL

I'm disappointed with Unky too. What is UP with them not being online?

Lara said...

Oh well--I tried the bell thing this afternoon and Hagan is TERRIFIED of them (probably for the same reason I can't have stainless steel food bowls for him--Cavies are scared of their own reflections. He won't even go near the bells, let alone let me train him to ring them. So I had to take them off the door. DARN. I wrote to his breeder to see what she would suggest. How do you teach a dog to whine?
:-P

Ann said...

I know what you mean, on the glaring! I get so ticked when people glare at my nieces. These people need to get over themselves. For crying out loud, the world would be so boring if kids acted like adults.

Colin said...

Oh don't give him away. He's too cute - remember that picture I uploaded for you? He just needs a wee helping hand. :-)

Kel-Bell said...

LOL!

You sound just like me. Everytime I go into a bookstore, I PLAN on picking ONE book, and walk out with an armload.

(This always leads to a self dialoge of "oh what will my husband think when he sees that I have speant all the grocery money on books again!)

It's like a crack addicts candy store.

Rachelle Jones said...

here here......