Friday, February 11, 2005

Little Bits of This and That...

Opting for a little bit of Brevity today--I wrote a long, convoluted blog yesterday and as soon as I hit "publish" I lost the whole darn thing. Disheartened, I said to heck with it and went about my day.
Yesterday I felt bad for my middle son. He's in Kindergarten, and he came home upset because some older boys on the bus were spitting on him. I swear, as a mother, my heart breaks when I hear about stuff like that. Thing Two is a bit "different" than the other kids (he has ADD) and I know that his behavior has gotten him ridiculed before. I am trying to help him be strong because until he either A) grows out of it (unlikely) or B) we put him on medication, he's going to continue to put people off with his behavior, and get teased by the other kids. His other siblings are ADD free and very outgoing and social--I can't help but feel like he got "shafted" with the bad genes from my side of the family. At least he knows he's loved. He has a heart of gold, beneath the rough exterior. Hopefully the boys will leave him alone today, or I'll have to say something. Unfortunately I can't be with him, at his side through every thing he does in life. Sometimes I wish I could.

On a lighter note, I am working away on my novel, and things seem to be flowing.

On yet another note: I watched "The Grudge" recently and I nearly peed my pants. I don't know if I will ever work up the courage to watch "Ju On" (the Japanese version). I love scary movies, but creepy movies always get to me, and The Grudge is certainly creepy.

Another note: someone found my blog by searching "Naughty Soccer Moms" and "Suburban Mom In Heat." Hmmm. 'Nuff said.

Apparently Desperate Housewives has set us suburban moms back into the Stone Ages. I have to laugh though. I would like to see the episode where one of the moms puts on about 20 pounds and goes to the supermarket with a "dirty hair day" ponytail, wearing decidedly unsexy shoes and sweats with dried cereal on them.
But alas, that will never happen. Who wants to see that?
It's probably for the best. We have to maintain our identity as Evil, Conniving, She-Bear Sex-addicted Fashion Plates who Rule The World with simpering Weenie Men at their sides.

I mean, that is, after all, the way it REALLY is in Suburbia--you know?

*wink*

1 comment:

Ann said...

So sorry about your son's problems - kids can be downright vicious. It sounds like you are doing so much to help him deal with his ADD - it's a shame more parents can't be like that.
And you're right - Desperate Housewives is the ultimate science fiction portrayal of suburbia - the show is fun, but all these shows are so unreal as to be from a different planet. I wonder what future people would think if all these soapy shows (Dallas, Dynasty, Melrose Place, Desperate Housewives) were locked in a time capsule and let out some day. Yeow!