Saturday, November 21, 2009

Conflicted About New Moon.

Warning: If you don't want to be spoiled on the New Moon plot, STOP READING NOW!!

Okay. I saw New Moon tonight with Thing One. I enjoyed it WAY more than the original movie. It was still a tad melodramatic, but hey, it's the Twilight franchise, that's what you sign up for!

Here's where I'm conflicted. After reading the books, I am absolutely TEAM EDWARD. Seriously. Let's not be liars here, and say we wouldn't be swayed by a gorgeous, perfect, sweet-smelling vampire, who pledges undying love to us. *sigh*

Frankly, I detested Jacob Black in the books. He's annoying, hard-headed, weasely, immature, and stubbornly stuck on Bella to the point of OKAY ENOUGH ALREADY. Seriously, I don't like him at all.

But the MOVIE Jacob, is, for want of another word, Perfect. He's sensitive, kind, brave, loyal, funny, he and Bella had chemistry in SPADES and can I just pay homage to the abs?? (I had to keep reminding myself that I was drooling over a seventeen-year old.) I felt myself get emotionally involved at one point. I kept wanting to shout at the screen ARE YOU ON DRUGS, BELLA?? HE'S WARM AND GORGEOUS AND HE LOVES YOU, YOU DIM-WITTED #&**!#$%^&*!! Of course I know who she chooses but I found myself actually rooting for Jacob. It was heartbreaking when Bella rejected him!

See? Conflicted.

So, although I confess to being solidly "Team Edward" from the books, I have to say I am a sound Team Jacob fan from the movie. Or, maybe I'm just TEAM LAUTNER. The kid can act. The kid is adorable. I mean, who else feels the same way I do?
I can't wait until Eclipse! (Okay, someone kick me, I sound like my giddy 12-year old daughter!!!)

3 comments:

devon Ellington said...

It's the testimony to the power of a charismatic actor behind a character. I haven't read the books or seen the movies, and the hype has turned me off so much that I'll probably wait so to do until I'm 92. But I can't avoid some of the hype, and, from what I've seen of Lautner, he's talented and nice and got his head screwed on straight. Let's hope it stays that way. I've never understood the hype over Pattinson. I don't see the appeal. But then, I haven't seen the movie, so maybe then I'd understand.

Anonymous said...

I felt the same way. I wasn't a Jacob fan in New Moon. In fact, I had to skip over the middle part of the book to the ending and then FORCE myself to go back and read the ending.

Lautner made Jacob likeable for me and I did feel sorry for him in the movie.

Unknown said...

I've kept this post unread since you posted as I had not seen the movie yet. But I went tonite.

I TOTALLY AGREE!! I had always been 100% Team Edward, but after watching it I think I have switched! Maybe if they had chosen a hotter Edward I would feel differently. And I really didn't even think Jacob was very cute in the first movie, but he is uber hot now!!!