Wednesday, December 19, 2007


Status: Only two more days! I'm frantic!

I do NOT want a repeat of what happened the night before we left for Thanksgiving for ten days. Seriously. I put off packing until the day before, and Hubby and I were packing (and arguing) until 2am, we collapsed into bed at 3am, and woke up at 4am to get everyone else up to get on the plane. Can you say NO SLEEP, AGITATION and ZOMBIFIED? Things always get a little "tense" before we leave. I don't want that this time.

Hence, I am running around like a head with my chicken cut off today, so tomorrow can be...relaxed. At midnight tonight I intend for all the luggage to be PACKED, and ready to load into the car Thursday night. So far I have my suitcase for Hawaii packed, my suitcase for Idaho packed, and the baby's suitcase. Today I'm getting the rest of the kids packed, and Hubby can pack himself tonight. And we'll be DONE. Then we can spend a relaxing evening, hanging out, and get to bed at a decent time.

Ahhhh. That sounds lovely. But until then, there aren't enough hours in a day! Eeek!


Anonymous said...

That's pretty organized. I think you can do it.

I can't concentrate on anything until I'm packed; if there's a big trip, I usually pack a week ahead of time.

And then repack the night before, which makes no sense.

Seriously, though, it never takes me more than 20 minutes to pack. I'm so used to traveling (and touring with shows) that it's a snap.

It takes me longer to pack the writing bag than anything else.

Have a great trip!

Anonymous said...

Very smart. Who wants to argue and have contention right before a trip?

You can do it. It sounds like you're on the ball.

Lowa said...

Did you say "head with my chicken cut off" on purpose to prove how frantic you are?? LOL

Good plan, I hope it works for you!

Lynn Sinclair said...

I'm an organized person. Okay, I'm positively obsessed when it comes to list-making, being ready, and being on time.

Last year, the night before we fly to Italy, my husband pulls out our passports. I didn't think there was much in life that could frazzle him, but the fact that my passport had expired came pretty close.

Off I go to get the photo taken. Couldn't sleep, so up at 4:00 am and drive to the passport office. I was afraid there'd be a line-up, but I was the first one there--for hours.

Anyway, long story short: they had my passport ready for me in 3 1/2 hours, and I had enough time to get home, have a shower then catch the plane with my family by mid-afternoon.

Have a wonderfully relaxing day and a fabulous trip.