Friday, December 18, 2009

I Bought Alcohol. (*Giggle/Snort*)

Okay, so I folded and went and bought a TEENY (with a stress on teeny) bottle of Brandy at the liquor place next to my usual grocery store. Don't laugh, it's the first time I have been inside a liquor store in my life. MY ENTIRE LIFE. She had the perfect little size (just a bit bigger than airplane-service size) and I hid it in my handbag. I will use it in the cookies and all will be well.

Just got back from Round One of Sibling Shopping. Since I was shopping for my two-year old (who wanted to buy just about everything) I pretty much picked out the presents for his siblings. And we found this FABULOUS "Space Ship" tent for his room, to play in. I had to get it. Now that he has his own room, it's a little bare, since his brother took all the furniture out when he moved. After the Holidays are over, I will pay some attention to making his room "cute." No time now.

This weekend should be good. We're making cookies and delivering them to friends, and the kids are doing The Nativity at a nursing home with other kids in our church, and other than getting hair cuts, we will be able to relax and get packed for Christmas vacation. The kids don't have school on Wednesday, so we're going to have pancakes in the morning and stay in our jammies and watch Christmas movies all day. :-) On the menu is our favorites: SCROOGE (the 1972 Albert Finney version) POLAR EXPRESS, A CHRISTMAS STORY, THE SANTA CLAUSE, and yes, I'm forcing them all to watch IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE. Because Christmas isn't complete without at least one viewing of that great film.

I'm bummed because our DVR decided to eat last week's episode of BONES. The one where Zooey Deschanel guest stars. DARN IT!!! We were having our snow storm, and the Directv went out. I am seriously sad. I guess we'll have to watch it online. It's not the same, though.

Time to get my little cherub down for a nap. Have a happy safe weekend, everyone!

6 comments:

Aimee said...

What!? No Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation? No Elf? And my new favorite: Shrek the Halls!

Devon Ellington said...

Good for you! The movies sound great, and IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE is a must.

I really like liquor stores, even if I'm not buying anything. I like the possibilities. I bought tawny port today -- I'm going to soak the lemon sponge cake in it for the Trifle.

Enjoy the day off before vacation. What fun! And I bet those cookies will taste great, and the Nativity will be wonderful!

Claudia said...

Hi Lara:
I'm Claudia (your hubby's friend from Argentina)
I just want to let you know that I enjoy your blog. You are so funny! You make me laugh, and I want to thank you for that! You are a talented writer!
I imagine you in the liquor store, looking around! :) I hope one day we can meet, I'm sure we can be great friends!
Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness gracious Lara! The first time ever in a liquor store? Hilarious. Of course I can count on one hand the number of times I've been one.

Merry Christmas!

Lee Anne said...

Merry Christmas, Lara. Peace and Joy to you and your family and safe travels!

Lara said...

Aimee, we LOVE Christmas Vacation--but Hubby and I watch it alone--without the kids. ;-)