Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Making Hay While The Sun Shines...

You think I would realize, by now, that me running around flailing my arms and yelling, is NOT constructive. Well, I know it. I know that raising my voice to make a point is not necessary, but it SEEMS to be the only thing that gets results. So, I yell.

But not this morning. I didn't yell. I calmly reasoned. I was cheerful. I set the timer. (You have eight minutes to eat your oatmeal, etc.)

It sort of worked. Go figure. We'll see how long THAT lasts.

I can't believe next week is Christmas! I'm already getting the Sads in a big way, because I only have eight more days to enjoy my festive house. Then I'll be off to visit family, and when I get back, Christmas and New Year's will be over, and I will have to take down all my beautiful green and red and everything will be clean and plain and...cold. At least, compared to how it was before. *sigh* The window is closing, people! Enjoy it while you can! I do keep white lights in my ficus trees after Christmas, so it's "somewhat" cheerful at night, but the long winter months can be tough. Unless we have sun. Sunny and cold I can handle. Gloomy and overcast and cold can be brutal.

Well, now, I'm depressed. I need to stop that. The Christmas presents are bought and shipped to where we're staying, now I just need to take the kids shopping. They have so much fun picking out presents for each other. I tell them what the $$ limit is, and let them "have at it" at fun places like Target or Walmart. This way, the whole "gift-giving" thing will have more meaning for them. It's a win-win.

So, other than the "Sibling Shop" we're done and ready to go. We have to be, in order to save money on airfare (we have SIX plane tickets now!) we fly in on Christmas Eve day. So, no time to run out and purchase anything last minute. It all has to be DONE.

You think I can pull it off?

;-)

3 comments:

Devon Ellington said...

You're flying on Christmas EVe? Shudder.

I'll think good thoughts for you! You're braver than I am.

Michelle Miles said...

If anyone can YOU can! I KNOW IT!

Have a very safe trip and a wonderful Christmas!

Unknown said...

As a fellow non-drinker, I don't know if this is even swappable, but can you use Rum extract??