Monday, December 07, 2009

My Toddler is a Potty Mouth, Part II

Okay, I was SOOO sick all weekend! It was pretty ugly. But the antibiotics are finally, FINALLY kicking in! Whew. It was hairy there, for a while...

We finally figured out why Thing Four, who is two, shouted "Put me DOWN, you Moron!" to his dad during Thing One's birthday party. To refresh your memories, Hubby was hoisting him in the air "chair style" when he shouted the offensive phrase.

Cut to Friday, when Thing Four and I were taking in our 9372645th viewing of TOY STORY 2, and there is a scene where the toys are sneaking through a ventilation system. At one point, Buzz Lightyear picked up Potato Head and PH yelled "Put me down, you Moron!" in his Don Rickles voice.

I was like A HA!!! So, that's where he picked it up! We were honestly perplexed for so long. We also figured out an inadvertent viewing of "Spongebob Squarepants" was responsible for "Hey Mommy, I farted in your face!" And we are still wondering where he learned the word "Dammit!" We really have zero idea about that one...

*Lara whistles and looks to the side innocently*

ANYHOWDON'TLOOKATME, we figured it was important to "watch our language" around Thing Four. We don't say "shut up" or stuff like that. (He told people to "shut up" for WEEKS afterwards!) He seems to pick up on the naughtier words, and repeat them at the most inopportune moments. Like, in CHURCH.

Right now he's wheedled his head through my arms as I'm typing, asking for a "snack." Duty calls.

1 comment:

Devon Ellington said...

Too funny!