Wednesday, April 08, 2009

SPRING Break???

It's cold here. DANG cold. And we're going to stay with family for Spring Break, in a place that's just as cold. We're not packing any shorts, or capris, or short sleeved shirts.

But hey, we'll be with family! We have ZERO family here, and every once in a while we feel it pretty keenly. We're trying to see if we can do a visit to both sets of parents this summer, but it's still up in the air. Thing Four will be two, and we'll be paying for SIX tickets now. Ugh. Flying is expensive, the more kids you have!

Speaking of flying, Thing Four has the sniffles. I figure playing outside in the cold wind might have had a hand in it. And we'll be on a plane day after tomorrow. I hope he just has sniffles!

I broke down and got a "few" easter basket things to pack. I'm sure when we get there everything will be sold out, so I'm not taking chances. Two things the baskets HAVE to have: Cadbury Mini Eggs and Cadbury Creme Eggs. They're almost...tradition. :-) And those cadbury mini eggs sell out VERY quickly. They are already sold out at the local walmart. And Wallgreens. And Pic-n-Save. Yikes!

I didn't run around yesterday, I washed and folded (with help from the kids) twelve loads of laundry, and I swear I matched up 5378 pairs of socks! Now everything is where it should be, and I'm dragging out the suitcases to pack us up. THEN I get to run around. No rest for the weary.

I feel strange, since I haven't visited my characters for 24 hours. Withdrawals? Possibly. I keep thinking about them. I like their world. Lots of thoughts percolating for Book 2, so I'll have to keep a notebook in my handbag to jot stuff down.

Today is Hubby's birthday! He has NO idea what I've planned for him, and that's the way I intend to keep it. The kids and I are going to "kidnap" him and take him to dinner, and I've bought a cake and presents. And the kids sent him a bunch of balloons at work.

I hope they're REALLY embarrassing!

2 comments:

Devon Ellington said...

Happy Birthday to your husband!

Have a great trip.

Michelle Miles said...

It was 80 today and it'll be 87 tomorrow. hehe

Hope your hubby has a wonderful birthday! Yeah, I know I'm late. Blah!