Thursday, April 02, 2009

Officially Boring Post.

My grumpy toddler doesn't have a sense of humor in the mornings. At least, when I was tickling him this morning, he was whining and I started mimicking him. He pointed his finger at me, and said in his very clear, not-yet-two-year-old voice: "Mommy, it's NOT funny! Stop it!"
And he was VERY serious. It wasn't funny at all. And I was to stop it.

Great. I know which parent HE takes after...

;-)

I was immersed in Editland yesterday--and part of me wanted to stay up late and finish more. But I needed my sleep, so I got in bed at 11pm and LAY THERE FOR AT LEAST AN HOUR, thinking about the story. Ugh. I hate it when you can't turn your brain off at night!

I am crossing fingers the weather is going to stay "springy" from now on. I have driveway stakes to pull up, bushes to cut down, and old leaves to rake up out of our driveway culvert. Hubby wants to do it together this Saturday, but if we get some sun I'll go out there and do it myself. I love being outside.

My SCBWI packet came in the mail yesterday, and I am very excited! It was a thick envelope with catalogs and booklets, all with tips about the Children's Book industry. And there was a booklet with local chapters for every state so I can find other writers, if I want to. I tend to be a "hermit writer" and I probably need to snap out of that if I want to get anywhere in this biz. It just feels good to be a part of something that will help me. My last agent always recommended I join, and I was reluctant. Not any more!

Time to run around so I can get edits done!

2 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

Congrats on officially becoming a member of a writing organization! I'm so excited for you! I know you'll get a lot out of it, too, of SCBWI is as good as RWA and I'm betting it is. ;)

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!