Thursday, January 19, 2006

Strange Day Part II

Hubby left for L.A. at 3am this morning, (and of course I couldn't go back to bed) so I'm sitting here, not sure of what to do. Hubby hasn't traveled for two months straight--and he's gearing up for back-to-back trips again, but I am literally sitting here (Thing Three is coloring quietly and watching Nickelodeon) and I honestly don't know what to do with myself.

Now before you hit me upside the head with a flatiron and scream in frustration: WRITE YOU MORON!!" let me tell you that I did get a TON of writing out last night, and I am letting everything marinate for a while. I'll do some more writing tonight, after the kids are in bed. Of course that will require a nap today (because of the early morning) but if I can catch a half an hour it will be good and I'll be rearing to go.

I found the coolest thing at Michael's yesterday. It's a Little Golden Book, but it's blank, and it's a kit with markers and crayons, stickers and stencils, and you can create your own "published book."
Thing One (who is JUST like her mommy) spends all her spare time writing and drawing and stapling "books" together for me, so I bought a few of them for her, and one for me! How fun!

It's snowing today. Big lazy flakes and it's pretty outside the office windows. I've got my pot of Postum, and I'm browsing through my library looking for research material. I'm half-tempted to finally make it to The Tattered Cover, but the snow is pretty treacherous. I basically slid all the way to the school this morning, and I was in four-wheel drive. Scary.

Thing One is having a friend over, and it's about time. Back in Wisconsin she had her very best friend next door, another good friend just across the street, and two other friends two houses down, and she was playing constantly. Now we are in a "settled" neighbhorhood, and it's mostly older people and people with teenagers, or NO children at all. So she's pretty bored after school now. Poor Thing One.

Well, I'm going to hang out with Thing Three. He's determined to put together a 100-piece Spiderman puzzle, and his five-year-old frustration is coming out, I can hear it!

Oh, and I just want everyone to know that I have an AWESOME sister and I am so proud of some of the decisions she's made as of late--way to go sweetie, sticking to your guns and not being afraid to stand up for yourself. You will be SO much happier in the long run. Way to go!

2 comments:

The Ramblin Irishman said...

Just finished with your blog and can appreciate the bone spur feeling. Scones!!! Yum, yum, yum. Something I love to eat is homemade bread in a cup of milk. My son in law about had a fit the first time he seen me do it. That was a staple when I was younger and living on the farm. Doesn't sound like you will be too lonely with the three around which is good.

Michelle Miles said...

Snowing! My hubby is in Greeley, CO right now and he just txt msg'd me and told me it was snowing. It's 74 degrees here. *sigh*

Congrats on all your writing! My Muse deserted me again. PBLT!