Friday, April 15, 2011

Spring Break is Here!

And for once, in like, our whole entire 15 years of marriage, we don't have a vacation planned! Is that crazy, or what? Usually we'd be going to Disneyworld, stay with family, or someplace near sand and water. But not this time!

Hubby is burned out from back-to-back travel these last two months, and I'm a mess because of stuff that's going on here, so we didn't even get around to planning anything. So, I need to figure out some fun local stuff we can do with the kids next week. Unfortunately there aren't any pools open yet, so that's out. Going anywhere is out, because we have a lot of local things happening next week we need to stick around for. Wow, this will be a challenge!

Hmmmm....

In the meantime, I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sometimes staycations make the best vacations! I'm sure you'll find something fabulous for everyone to do!

Devon Ellington said...

I think you'll have a ton of fun.

Does your local paper have an Events calendar? Here, it's a whole booklet every Friday and Sunday -- I could literally go to something every morning, afternoon, and evening, and have all kinds of excuses to never write. And it's off-season! I can't imagine how nutty it will be once it's in-season.

ALL the nature sanctuaries, museums, and every other organization are running programs for the kids on vacation, on top of all the other stuff going on. It's wonderful. I'm not particularly fond of kids, but the Cape kids are so bright and so interested and so talented.

Colin Galbraith said...

Spring Break? Sounds like an excuse to get drunk and party to me. Are you sure some Scottish person didn't event it? ;-)