Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Cue the "Had a Bad Day" Song...

Yesterday, in a word, sucked. Like, SERIOUS SUCKAGE.

I got in the car to take the kids to school, and realized I only had about 15 miles left on my car before it ran out of gas. I drove the 7 miles to the school, and the car line was impossibly long. I told the kids I had to let them off on the sidewalk, instead of driving them up to the front of the school, or I'd run out of gas. Of course, my daughter had a complete "hissy" fit, because I was making her "too early." I didn't care, we exchanged words, she got out of the car totally angry.

I barely made it to the nearest gas station, which happened to be 4 miles away just over the South Carolina Border. It was a very busy gas station, but I pulled in, and started gassing up. While I did, this guy pulled in in front of me, facing me, and parked about three feet from my front bumper. When I was finished filling up, I realized this guy in a truck had pulled in behind me, to wait (a little close, I might add) and I was pinned in. Well, I sat there. And the guy behind me started HONKING at me! Well, since I am a nice person, I tried to wedge my way out from between the cars, and the guy behind me wasn't letting me back up. So, I veered to the right, misjudged, and ran into the GAS PUMP. I ran into the pump part, and it wasn't damaged, but now I have a big ugly dent in the front of my Sequoia. I pulled forward, upset, and the JERK BEHIND ME SAT THERE. Finally, this nice guy, who had seen the whole thing, got out of his car and started yelling at the guy behind me to back up and let me out.

It was creepy, the guy just sat there in his truck with his sunglasses on, not showing any emotion at all, and backed up, like TWO feet. I got in my car, and still couldn't get out (I'm in a big Sequoia, not exactly a tiny car) and finally, I was able to back up and turn and back up until I could wing around the MAJOR JERK. I was so mad, I mouthed "THANK YOU" to him, while glaring at him as best I could. He sat there, motionless, no expression at all. He was probably some social psychopath, because none of what happened elicited any emotional response from him at all. I was completely aghast at his jerkiness. I haven't experienced anything as rude as him in a very long time. What a Creep. In retrospect, I should have just waited, instead of letting the horn-honking a**hat intimidate me, but I wasn't thinking.

I went home, cried over my dented car, and walked into the house to see Sushi, my three-year old son's beloved Betta, floating. He'd died while I was gone. Inexplicably. (Granted, he stopped eating his food two weeks ago, which we found strange, so I'd tried new food to tempt him, then bought new of the same food he'd been eating, and he wouldn't eat it.) It's totally strange. Anyway, he was dead and I had to flush him and the day just got worse from there.

Got a rejection. Found ants in a second-floor bathroom (WHY THE HECK DO WE HAVE ANTS UP THERE WHEN THERE ISN'T ANYTHING THERE BUT TOOTHPASTE AND SOAP???) Burned the cake I was baking for Thing Two's Blue and Gold Scout dinner.

THEN, the icing on the cake, Hubby (who is in L.A.) texted me around 10pm my time saying he'd heard we were supposed to have horrible thunderstorms and TORNADOES all night, here in Charlotte. So, I was up all night freaking out about it, and of course once the storm hit at around 2am the kids all came running, terrified and I had to figure them out and get everyone situated.  The wind howled and the rain beat down on us, but thankfully, no tornadoes.

Today I'm a Zombie. I'm so taking a nap.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a horrible day! I'm so sorry! Here's hoping today is MUCH better!!

Anonymous said...

You take that nap. poor thing.((hugs))

Janey

Brenda said...

You're too nice. I'd have sat there until the other guy pulled out. What an ass!

I hope you have a better day.

Aimee said...

Wow. That was a bad day.

And I think I've met that guy who wouldn't back up at the pump. His name is Bubba (what I've nicknamed all boys who come from NC). My rule of thumb is when I get honked at to hurry: sloooooow wayyyyy doooooown.

Devon Ellington said...

You poor thing! I'm so sorry about your day and your dent!

Today WILL be better!