Friday, November 12, 2010

It's FRIDAY!!!

Not that I usually get excited about the weekends, but I like it when we do "family stuff." Tonight we're having people over for Quesadilla Night, so I had to run to Harris Teeter and get some fresh produce. I have to say, Thing Four and I love going there. He gets a free balloon, a free cookie (they have them at the entrance and I laugh when I see adults snagging a few for themselves most of the time) and they have a Starbucks--which means hot chocolate on a cold morning! (Well, hot for me, lukewarm for the three-year old!)

I am feeling pretty good. The weekend will be busy but fun. We have a soccer tournament all day Saturday. We saw "Megamind" last night because we knew we wouldn't be able to squeeze it in this weekend, and it was adorable. Seriously. Hubby and I bought tickets to Harry Potter for next Friday for "date night," I can't wait! I'm just sad it's all coming to an end. Well, Part One of the end, anyway. Hubby is re-reading Deathly Hallows, I need to skim it a little. I read it in two days way back when it came out and frankly, all I remember is a lot of camping. And an annoying book published about Dumbledore by Rita Skeeter or something like that. SAD.

This is a little crossover from the writing blog, but I got my comments back from my readers and got the edits finished up, and this morning I sent queries out to two agents! I feel great! It's good to be in the Query-go-round again. Granted, as soon as the rejections start piling up I'm sure I'll feel not-so-great, but hey, it's expected. For now, I can at least hope!

In not-so-great news, SOMEONE taught my darling innocent three year old that if he sticks up his middle finger at people, it is "cute."

**Lara puts head in hands**

I would personally like to murder whoever did it, and both my older boys are claiming it wasn't them. I know he wouldn't have seen it on TV, and whenever I flip my Hubby the Bird I try to do it inconspicuously (I am KIDDING!) so I have no idea where he learned it. But you know as soon as he gets into the nursery at church, it will happen. He'll flip off one of the snack ladies or something. Even though I've threatened to swat his pants off if he does it again.

I hope everyone has a good weekend! I will certainly...try.

1 comment:

Devon Ellington said...

Sounds like you're going to have a great time this weekend. Yes, Thing Four will do it again, at the worst possible time, because, well, that's what kids do, right? Part of being a kid is taking the risk, I guess.

Have a great weekend!

The scumbag landlords put cameras everywhere to spy on the tenants, so I flip them off whenever I walk past one -- which is constant. Although I try not to when there are little ones in the courtyard.