Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Life.

Conversation between me and Thing Two yesterday:

Me: (Driving) Wow, look at those turkeys in that field! Look at them! They're all fluffed up!

Thing Two: That's because they're trying to impress a female so she'll mate with them, Mom.

Fact of Life: Kids grow up. We may not want them to, but they do. And we grow old. It's just the way things go.

Yep, I'm about to have a birthday. And yesterday was the birth day of two of my boys: Things Two and Four, who are now 11 and 3, respectively.

Birthdays all around. May is a busy month!

And no, I'm not dead, thanks for wondering. I got frantic messages from my mom on Saturday to the effect of "Well, you didn't blog on Friday, and I'm worried about you!" So, the reason I've been an "absentee" blogger is I've just been plain crazy. Hubby was home on Friday (he left yesterday afternoon) and frankly, when he comes home for visits, they become "Let's See How Much We Can Accomplish/Knock Out On Our To-do-List" Visits. So, we run. Like crazy.

I'm tired. It's raining fishhooks and hammer handles right now, and rain always makes me tired. But I got up at 5:30 this morning, and logged 30 minutes on the elliptical. And tonight it's Yoga. I've noticed that when I do Yoga at night, after the kids are in bed, I sleep MUCH better.

I hope everyone had a happy Mother's Day! Now it's back to Reality/The Grind, right?

:-)

No comments: