Thursday, July 19, 2007

I'M BAAAAAAACK...(Sort Of)

Well, things have calmed down somewhat on the home front. Thing Four is sleeping about seven hours a night, and so my "Zombie Days" are generally over. Which means I'm more awake now. Which means I have more energy. Which means I have more time to do things like...blog.

And I'm sure all of you are thrilled to bits. I mean, who wouldn't want to hear about the eating habits of a two-month old? Or how my plantar fasciitis is acting up? Or how I actually went three weeks without cleaning the basement toilet once? (I swear, in my defense, it was a complete fluke, and perfectly explainable...yet I wouldn't subject you all to a description of that event, I do have SOME tact.)

I do have a few things rolling around in my head at the moment...I am very excited about the release of DEATHLY HALLOWS in a couple of days, and I am steaming mad that people out there got their books early and are determined to spoil it for other readers (hence I won't be spending much time online until Saturday)--and I am really sad that Mandy Patinkin left Criminal Minds, and DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED on "Posh" Beckham coming to America...because I'm determined to say nice things in my blog...generally...and I could go on for a while but I won't.

Instead, here's a picture of Thing Four: (Taken a few weeks ago when he first started smiling) And yes, I absolutely loathe that tacky doorknob-thingy sticking out of his mouth-- but he absolutely lurves it, and I don't have the heart to take it away from him. And it is kinda cute--you can see into his mouth if you look in that little hole in the middle. Oh well.

So, yes, it may be anticlimactic, but I am back. I missed the blog. And unless we have a Thing Five (Oh who said that!) I shouldn't be shutting down any time soon...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie pie!

Thank goodness you're back. You were missed.

Michelle Miles said...

Welcome back!!! I MISSED YOU!!

and OH MY GOSH. I love the baby bald head. It's the sweetest thing in the world to kiss. So kiss him for me. He's adorable, Mom!!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Lara! I've missed hearing about what's going on in your lives. Love the photo!

Anonymous said...

He is adorable! I always hated the binky's hanging out of the baby's mouth. But they are much quieter. Welcome back!

Colin said...

Welcome Back Lara!!! He's a wee cutie right enough. You must be very proud! :)