Monday, September 19, 2005

Denver Bound!



I haven't been able to write for a while, because Hubby has just accepted a job in Denver and things have been a little "tumultuous" with the whole relocation/house-hunting/getting ready to list OUR house thing.

But I'm back (thanks to Derek and Karen, who, without their kindess my trip out would not have been possible, and who both need to be elevated to SAINTHOOD for watching our rambunctious children for an entire weekend) and looking forward to the move. We found a great house in Lone Tree, and you can see the mountains. I haven't lived near mountains in nine years, so this will be fun. Very inspirational for the Writing Thing.

Speaking of which, my agent wasn't very happy with my story, so I guess you can't win 'em all. I am disappointed, but I guess I'll shelve it for now and work on the historical he was expecting. I can't help it if I got a little "sidetracked."

It's raining pretty hard this morning, I think we're going to officially see some Fall colors soon here. I never thought I would find myself saying this, but I will miss Wisconsin. It does have some good points. (Housing, for one. For the price of my house, I discovered that I can afford a chicken coop in one of the Elite Areas of Denver. (and yes, I am serious.)

I have to get my house in "sparkling condition" for the potential buyers now, so, gotta run, but I'll write more tomorrow.

3 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

Congrats again on the move.

And may I just say WTF on the agent thing? How could he NOT like that? OH.. I'm disappointed and outraged. That story NEEDS to be published. (Sorry for the mini-rant..but still!)

Unknown said...

Ha--I'll bet your kids don't consider us saints! I'm sure by now you've heard all their horror stories about us!

:)

Ann said...

Great to have you back blogging!
And I agree with Michelle - if it's what I read, I'm simply stunned. And I think he's wrong.