Friday, September 17, 2004

Nervous Knots...

It really hit me today--as I was working on my sequel to IN THE GARDEN. This is SO major for me, to get this story out there...it's been my livelihood for years now! I wrote it so long ago, and I've been alternating between massive editing and completely ignoring it off and on for ten years. Now I finally have an editor interested in it, and my agent says we need to just wait and see what happens.
I think this editor truly "gets" my story, so I'm thankful for that. We're supposed to hear from her sometime in October, so I'll be a nail-chewing, toe-tapping, finger-drumming, thumb-twiddling bunch of nervous knots until then.
Yes, it's pathetic that so much is riding on a simple "yes" or "no" from a virtual stranger, but isn't that the life of a writer?
*grin*

No comments: