Wednesday, September 15, 2004

My first post to a "Blog!"

Some of my writer buddies blog on this website, and I thought it was pretty neat! So, some info about me...I'm 32, a stay-home mom of three, and I LOVE to write.
One of my college professors said that a characteristic of a great writer is that he or she finds time to write, every day, in some shape or form. Not that I'm a great writer, but I do have about 25 compositon notebooks, chronicling my life from about age 15. I literally wrote every day, until I got married. (Guess after marriage there wasn't enough "angst" in my new domestically blissful life to chronicle!)
Right now, my life is in a bit of turmoil. We just brought home a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel puppy named Hagan, and he's a MAJOR handful. Add that to three rowdy, active kids (who have lots of after-school commitments) and our household is fairly tumultuous! But I welcome it. I welcome it because it keeps my mind off of being nervous about my novel, IN THE GARDEN that is currently on submission with an editor at a major publishing house.
And now, I have to whoosh my daughter off to soccer practice...

No comments: