Monday, June 22, 2009

"That Sounds Gross."

This weekend...sucked. AND I had a nice migraine for Father's Day. Excedrin Migraine didn't even do anything--I had to go lie down in complete darkness and quiet to get rid of the nausea.

Fun, I know.

Okay, so, my husband can drive me NUTS, sometimes. Why? Meals.

Lately, I've taken to planning out meals, so I make only one (two at the most) trips to the grocery store a week. So, I have it all planned down to the littlest detail, and I buy accordingly.

THEN, Hubby asks me during the course of the day "So, what's for dinner?"

Me: "Homemade Lasagna, salad, and garlic bread."

Hubby: "That sounds gross. What else can you make?"

Me: AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!! I HAVE EVERYTHING FOR STINKIN' LASAGNA!

Hubby: "Can you make something else?? Please?"

I could make anything. ANYTHING, and it will sound "gross" to him. Yes, sometimes there are unfortunate situations, where I have pizza for dinner and Hubby, unbeknownst to me, will have had pizza for lunch. So, pizza for dinner WOULD be "gross." But most of the time, whatever I'm making just sounds "gross" and is there anything else we can have???

Nope. Not anymore. I am going to make dinner, NOT tell Hubby what we're having, and hopefully he'll be so hungry he'll be forced to eat it. And my new answer to the "what's for dinner" question?"

"Wait and see!" or "I'm not sure yet, I'll think of something."

HA HA HA HA HA I will thwart the "That Sounds Gross" statement! I will not rearrange my plans just because something "sounds gross."

HA!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If he wants something else, he can cook it himself. You don't tell him how to run his business; the house is yours.

Lara said...

Ha ha ha he does "fend for himself" some nights! Picky picky!

Anonymous said...

God! My husband does the same thing. I only cook two nights a week now and most of the time it's in the crockpot.

Here's an easy barbeque recipe:

6 lbs of pork shoulder or beef roast
2 cans of beef broth

Throw in the crockpot for about eight hours. Tear the meat apart in a baking pan (I use two forks)and throw some sauce on it. Put it back in the oven for about a half hour. Get some buns and cole slaw and pig out.

Michelle Miles said...

You, rebel, you.

I'm so glad I don't have to cook for anyone but me and the kid. :D

Lowa said...

Sounds to me like you have five kids. My husband does the same crap (sorry, I am mad! LOL) and I end up going on strike quite often because of it. My kids are as picky as they are, because of his horrid example. My family ate whatever we were given, no questions asked. My brothers and dad will eat ANYTHING put in front of them and I thought that was what men do until I married my husband.

I have enough to do (and so do YOU!) to be dealing with that immaturity and ingratitude. You are WAY too nice! LOL He doesn't know how good he has it.