Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Ouch.

What is the DEAL with Colorado Registration? I registered both our cars yesterday, and it was FREAKING NINE HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!
I was given the advice (by a long-time Denver resident who apparently has had Iowa license plates for twelve years) to just send in for my Wisconsin registration sticker (grand total: $57) and never get pulled over--but of course my anal hubby wouldn't hear of it.

So, YIKES.

I still have the itch to write. But no TIME. Angela had great advice yesterday, but I am one of those guilty-feeling people who hates to neglect stuff that needs to get done. I've always felt that I'm being selfish when I'm writing. (I know I'm NOT, but it's how I FEEL sometimes.)

And I have TONS I'd like to read too.

My current reading list:

1) The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, by C.S. Lewis (Can you believe I've never gotten around to reading this wonderful book? Egads!)

2) Rebel Angels, by Libba Bray

3) Memoirs of a Geisha, by Arthur Golden

4) Giants, Monsters & Dragons, An Encyclopedia of Folklore, Legend, and Myth by Carol Rose

Well, it's off to the races! December is such a crazy time--I hope I'll be able to enjoy it!

1 comment:

Michelle Miles said...

And I bitched about ours being nearly $100 each. EGADS.

Here's hoping you get to write soon!