Monday, April 25, 2005

Back to the Grind...

QUOTE OF THE DAY: In the beginning, there was nothing. And the Lord said: 'LET THERE BE LIGHT' and there was still nothing but now you could see it.

Whew. We’re finally back now, and it’s good to be home. Aside from injuries sustained from kids literally launching themselves at me upon my return, and a nasty event resulting from a suspicious-smelling airport deli sandwich, everything for the return trip home ran rather smoothly. Thank Heaven.

Now it’s back to reality, away from the Florida sun, but I’m happy to settle back into the routine. I missed my daily stuff, I missed my kids, I even missed my puppy.
Now that I’m all relaxed and ready to start anew, I have decided that I really need to WORK ON MY NOVEL. If I can’t make it great, I need to toss it and start on something else. I need to figure out how to get excited about it again. I need the movie projector in my head to come back. For some reason or another it’s deserted me lately. I usually have these vivid movies in my head, and I write what I see. So what’s happening to me? I need my muse back!
Hmmmm, I’ve got to figure this one out soon…

1 comment:

Michelle Miles said...

I think your muse and my muse must be off having martinis together or something. I'm having the SAME problem. :) Welcome home, by the way.