Tuesday, August 28, 2012


Such an ugly word. And can I just say, an U-G-L-Y sickness to have? Apparently I had "walking pneumonia," and when my body finally couldn't take it any more it said I QUIT THIS and I instantly had a high fever and chills and aches that made me insane. In fact, I spent the better part of three days curled up in bed in a fetal position, wishing the monsters would go away.

I run a household of six. You can imagine how this all went down, with ME being the sick one, for once. Thank heaven school wasn't in yet and I have a 14-year old daughter who can cook and clean. And Hubby came home from work and stayed home and took care of me and the kids. He took them school shopping. He even spent a day taking our teenage daughter school shopping, which was a bit of a debacle but I took her last night after the first day of school so it all worked out in the end.

I am feeling much better--after seeing my chest x-rays on Thursday they wanted to give me a shot to "jump start" things, but I was allergic. So I got probably the dose of antibiotics they usually reserve for elephants and horses, because twenty-four hours later, my fever broke and I was MUCH better. 48-hours later I could breathe easier. Today, I'm glad to have all of it behind me, except for being really weak and tired.

Crazy, huh? I haven't been sick like that, EVER, I think. But no one else got it and the kids all started school yesterday without problems and life is better.

Although, can I just say, the high school here has it wrong? They don't give out school supply lists until the first day of school, and they HAVE to know that every binder and dry-erase marker and pair of notebook dividers has been sold out for a few days! Grrrr. We had to go to three stores, and finally got ONE binder from Target (it was accidentally in the photo album section and had a mark on it but we snatched it up) and got the other stuff at CVS. Yes, CVS.

Thing Four has staggered start Kindergarten so he doesn't start until Thursday. I will be an emotional wreck most of that day. Ugh.

Sorry I don't have anything funny to say, the pneumonia temporarily disabled my sense of humor.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Glad your're feeling better. I see your oldest is now in high school. She's growing up fast!

I hope they all have a safe school year and you stay sane!